Cabo San Lucas Charities
Want to give back to the local Cabo San Lucas community while you are on your vacation? You can help! The following Cabo san Lucas charities are in need of volunteers.
Contact these local Cabo San Lucas charities to see how you can help:
- Humane Society of Cabo San Lucas: Want to volunteer with animals? The Humane Center is the place in Cabo San Lucas. It welcomes both visitors and volunteers (624) 143-3947
- The Association for the Protection of the Environment and the Marine Turtle in Southern Baja (ASUPMATOMA): This non-profit organization is dedicated helping save endangered sea turtles and the surrounding environment. Volunteers can help by adopting a sea turtle. It also offers a camp for children to learn about operating a sea turtle camp. ASUPMATOMA is located in Rancho Punta San Cristobal, 15 minutes north of Cabo San Lucas.
- Helping Baja’s Sea Turtles (Campamento Don Manuel Orantes) Campamento Tortuguero Don Manuel Orantes is a program dedicated to helping Cabo’s sea turtles which are endangered. They “hatch and release” eggs in a sanctuary next to the San José del Cabo estuary. This non-profit organization can use help through donations, volunteering or sponsoring a turtle.
- Un Refugio de Amor para la Mujer y sus Hijos A.C. This is a domestic violence shelter that is designed to give temporary help to women who have suffered domestic violence. They hold workshops that provide women with basic skills such as cooking, hair dressing, English speaking skills and handcrafting. Their goal is to help women become employable so that they do not return to a situation where domestic violence is present. They are in need of regular donations of nonperishable food and hygiene needs such as toilette paper, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, perfumes, deodorants, soap, clothing, and new underwear for both children and women.
- Yo Reciclo This is a recycling organization that both collects recyclable products and seeks to promote awareness in the Cabo San Lucas community about reducing your carbon footprint. They hold children’s and community workshops at a local organic food market that alerts the community about ways to be more green. They need both volunteers and money.
- Casa Hogar: Casa Hogar is an establishment that assists young boys in need in the Cabo area. Casa Hogar provides housing and living necessities for these children, and also provides a nurturing environment to grow up in that all children deserve. The boys at Casa Hogar range from the ages of 7 to 15, and all require some basic needs that they are not receiving at their homes. It is Casa Hogar's mission to allow these young boys to grow up into young men, who are productive members of society.
Also, many tour companies offer packages that include volunteering in Cabo San Lucas. Ask your travel company for more information.