Plan the Ultimate Last Minute Easter Vacation to Cabo
By: Cara Gourley
My family loves to travel during the holidays and Easter is no exception. Whether it is just the close family or a whole group of family and friends, we like to get out of town and change up the scenery.
We love everything from great Easter brunches to attending fun cocktail parties and dinners. Easter egg hunt on the beach? Yes, please!!
My family on vacation last Easter
Traveling to Cabo for Easter can be a great way to celebrate holiday. Expect to find Easter Sunday brunches, Easter egg hunts for the kids and even services at most of the larger resorts in Cabo. The Easter bunny loves Cabo too!
This year Easter is April 24th, 2011. Worried it's too late to plan your perfect Easter Vacation? Here's some tips on spending this Easter in Cabo.
Easter in Cabo Facts
- Mexico is a predominately Catholic country so you will find Easter celebrations throughout Los Cabos.
- Easter is called Pascua. The week before Easter is referred to as Semana Santa (Holy Week).
- Most Mexicans get this time off from school or work and like to travel. Expect Cabo to be busy.
- Easter eggs in Mexico are called cascarones. Tradition cascarones are usually empty egg shells that have been painted on the outside filled with confetti. Some do have candy and/or small toys on the inside.
Where to Stay
Capella Pedregal: Whether you are looking to celebrate Easter as a couple, or a family with the kids, Capella Pedgregal has the Cabo Easter Vacation Package for you. The hotel will be having an Easter brunch on Sunday as well as a non-demonimational service. And there’s also an easter hunt for the kids.
Where to Have Easter Brunch
Agua at the One&Only Palmilla: If you are looking for a Easter Sunday Brunch, Agua has it! From 9:00am – 3:00pm this top Cabo restaurant will be serving up a buffet complete with chocolate eggs, cotton candy and unlimited champagne and mimosa. Cost is $65 per Adult & $35 per child (5 to 12). It's open to guests and non-guests. Reservations are required.
Easter Services in Cabo
Most churches in Cabo will have Good Friday and Easter Sunday Services. Call ahead and check for the exact service times.
Easter Egg Hunts in Cabo
On Saturday the 23rd, the Shoppes at Palmilla will be having an easter egg hunt as part of their Fish Parade Auction. There will be tons of prizes: toys, treats, store certificates and an iPod Shuffle.
Sample Easter Weekend Intinerary
Friday, April 22nd
Learn to Scuba Dive: Cabo Adventures is offering 2 for 1 beginner Scuba Dive lessons. $111 for a 1 tank dive, all equipment, dive staff and instruction, free towels and light snacks and water and 47ft scuba adventure boat with showers and bathrooms on board for two people.
Or Be a Dolphin Trainer for a Day: This 5 hour dolphin trainer package includes instruction on dolphin training, free time in the pool without a lifejacket playing with the dolphins, time in the dolphin diet preparation area (fish house) and laboratory, full uniform (to keep), lunch, DVD and photo. Guests also take part in a dolphin swim program and act as a trainer alongside staff. Normally $400, the special is only $250 if you book by April 15th.
- Fish Parade Auction: Located at the Shoppes at Palmilla, this auction party for charity is complete with tasty treats, a rockin' live band, and fun activities for the kids. The final auction & celebration for the Fish Parade is 4 - 7 pm.
- Nikki Beach Easter Pool Party: From noon to sunset Guest DJ Antares will be rocking the beat at Nikki Beach Cabo. Entertainment includes Felly Sax + Energy Dancers. There's no cover.
Worried about transportation? Victor's Cabo is offering 30% percent off Easter airport transportation for All About Cabo readers.
Have you spent Easter in Cabo? Do you have any tips for our readers?
Photos: Istock.com (I'm kind of obsessed with them) and Laurie Gourley
Want to Guest Blog for All About Cabo? Check out our contribute guidelines.